Keep Cydia Jailbreak & stay away from iOS 8.2 update.
Apple launched iOS 8.2 final for public users last Monday. So, all idevice yours are happy with new updates & willing to upgrade their devices up to date. But, there’s a big problem with iOS 8.2, jailbreak & Cydia are not available for this version.Past late January, Apple released iOS 8.1.3 update for iPhone, iPad & iPod devices. By that update they were able to stop Cydia download for iOS 8.1.3 devices. Because they patched exploits use by the TaiG, PP & Pangu8 jailbreak on iOS 8 to 8.1.2 versions. Furthermore, iOS 8.2 update has also restricted Cydia only for up to iOS 8.1.2 version.
What is the latest jailbreak status of iOS 8?
- iOS 8.2 cannot jailbreak. Cydia download on iOS 8.2 impossible.
- iOS 8.1.3 version also cannot jailbreak. No Cydia for iOS 8.1.3.
- The last jailbreakable firmware is iOS 8.1.2. (How to download Cydia – jailbreak guide for iOS 8.1.2 users)
Downgrade iOS 8.2 to iOS 8.1.2 or iOS 8.1.3 to iOS 8.1.2
This is impossible. Now you not allow downgrading to the iOS 8.1.2 version from iOS 8.2 or 8.1.3 versions. Because, Apple has sopped signing for the iOS 8.1.2
Downgrade from iOS 8.2 to iOS 8.1.3
Yes you can. Apple still signing for the iOS 8.1.3 version. But, this is meaningless. Because, Cydia is not available for iOS 8.1.3 version also.
Advice for idevice users.
- If you already updated to iOS 8.2 : Stay with hope up. You are not able to downgrade. Cydia will come with jailbreak soon..
- If you are with iOS 8.1.3 : Recommend to upgrade your device as up to date. Download & install new iOS 8.2 on your device. Please, Don’t be miss..! this is How to update your device to iOS 8.2 right way.
- You are still with iOS 8.1.2 or lower version : Strongly recommend, do not update your device. If you already jailbroken & install Cydia on your device, Keep Cydia with jailbreak & stay on. Otherwise, if not yet jailbreak ?? Go through the following links to download & install Cydia for your device according to the running iOS version. Enjoy jailbreak features with Cydia..! After released jailbreak for iOS 8.2, you can move to iOS 8.2 with Cydia.
For iOS 8.1.1 & iOS 8.1.2 users : Cydia download & install with TaiG or PP jailbreak [guide]
For iOS 8.0 – 8.1 users : Cydia download & install with Pangu8 jailbreak [step guide]
For iOS 7.1 – iOS 7.1.2 users : Cydia download & install using Pangu jailbreak [step guide]
You may also read;